I am a middle school life science and ELA educator, curriculum materials creator, ed-tech Masters student, and lifelong learner in the Chicago suburbs! I also co-sponsor our school’s National Novel Writing Month Club and Pride Club, a Genders & Sexualities Alliance. My professional passions include:
- secondary & content-area literacy
- reading & writing workshop in the secondary classroom
- flipped & blended classroom
- improving secondary content education for English language learners
- equity in education
- improving inclusivity in school culture
- LGBTQ+ student issues
- National Novel Writing Month
- exploring ways to streamline common systemic processes for educators and administrators so planning and instructional time are maximized.
Check out my classroom site, full of ELA and Life Science resources for middle school students and teachers. You can view my available life science materials at my store, Get Lit or Sci Trying. I also co-run an ELA-focused store with my mother, Tammy, at Two Bs in a Pod.